Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I want to start by saying HI and Thank you to my C'Ville Secret Pal. She has sent me some of the cutest e-cards.

On the other front, I know today is Wednesday and I have been trying to keep my WIP's updated. This week I am not going to copy it all over here because I badically haven't done anything. I have managed to get one more row on the doily I am testing and 3 rows on one of my afhgans. Other than that---NADA, NOTHING, ZIP on the crochet front.

I have been wanting to learn to knit. So in my effort to futher my love of yarn, I took a class over this past weekend. In 2 frustratingly (not sure if that is a word but last Sunday it sure was :)) long hours of trying to figure out how I was suppose to hold a needle and yarn in my right hand, the instructor showed me the Continental way to knit. Now I don't know anout anyone else but once she showed me this way, it was so much easier. I now know how to cast on and the knit stitch. This weekend is our second class where we learn how to bind off, the purl stitch and possibly increasing and decreasing.

I know that knitting will never take the place of my crocheting. I have decided that if nothing else I will be able to say that I can knit, whether or not I choose to do it is another story.

I might try taking the rest of the week off from my crocheting just to have a break. This is the time of year that I get spring fever. I am just ready for the weather to get warmer and the kids can get outside and run off their energy. I love to stand by the front door and just listen to the kids playing outside. I love the enthusiasm and excitement that you can see from the kids when they discover that stepping on that bug does really kill them. Or the fact that the boy on the scooter actually won the race against the 2 on the bikes because they gave him a head start.

I also want to be able to sit outside with a cup of coffee and talk to my husband after the kids are in bed.

Well~~Enjoy and have a blessed day

No comments: